I’ve been bestowed with an award, from Cross(stitch) Your Heart! I’ve not had the opportunity to have a very good sit and read of that blog just yet, but I did have a bo-peep at her cross stitch pieces and they’re staggeringly awesome! So, you should absolutely go and have a sticky beak. ^_^ (And thank you very much, T.M!!)
So, anyway, she left some very lovely compliments and this award in the comments on my last post, so there you have it! Here’re the rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Well, I’ve done the thank-yous and linkies, so here are 7 things about me:
1. My Pa taught me how to use tools and sharp things before I even started school. It took me a long time to realize that most other kids didn’t play with hammers and nails and stanley knives…
2. My favorite book of all-time-ever is To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. If you haven’t read it, you need to buy it right this second. Go on, now.
3. To me, the sound of someone else brushing their teeth makes my skin crawl and completely freaks me out. It’s like my equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. Geesh. It doesn’t even make sense!
4. My Ma’s favorite film is Dr Zhivago, and back in the day, we had it on VHS and it was so big it was across two tapes and it was in a fancy box. I think I watched it almost every weekend of my life until I was eight or nine. I didn’t really understand it then, but I thought it was properly beautiful, especially the act at Varykino. Now I understand it AND think it’s properly beautiful (cuz I growed up, I did!).
5. I used to go sailing with my Pa. We had a 16-foot wooden sailboat named “Ralphie Too” which was named after me – my Pa calls me Ralphie though none of us can remember why – and I loved every minute of it. We even sunk it once! Well, we didn’t sink it per se, the tide went out and dropped onto the stump of a demolished pier. I even some medals and trophies from sailing in competitions with him. I wish I’d kept going with it, but, y’know. Teenagers are revolting and weird and difficult and I was no different.
6. Back in my theater days I played: a dead body, a drug addict, an elderly business magnate, a Scottish prison officer, a British prison officer who was haunted by the souls of those he’d had hanged (and he later became a dead body too), and a peg-legged sea captain with a heart of gold.
7. I put my grilled cheese sandwiches in the fridge for ten to fifteen minutes before I eat them. Cray-to-the-azy, riiiiiight!?
Now, I’m supposed to nominate 15 other blogs for the Versatile Blogger Award. I had some trouble doing this at first for a couple reasons. Firstly, I wasn’t sure I even followed that many blogs. I mean, I have a lot in my RSS reader, but there just aren’t enough hours in the day to read all the amazeballs blogsticles out there, and some of them don’t update very often. Secondly, I admit, I was a little concerned about the vaguely chain-letter-ish nature of the award. In the end, I figured love is love, and I like sharing it. As it turns out, all of my never-miss-read-religiously blogs totalled 15! It was meant to be.
Linkies in alphabetical order:
House of Humble
Kit & Nancy
Little Yellow Cat
Meet Me At Mike’s
Sian Lile Makes
Tea & Craft
The World Is A Chocolate Cupcake
I won’t write little blurbs for all of them, but just trust me that they’re properly amazing. No lie. I’ll probs feature them individually at some point if I haven’t already. Meanwhile, I was pretty surprised that three food-focused blogs are in my never-miss-it list! I’m not at all a foodie, and if any of these people knew the horrific and bizarre eating habits I have they would judge me harshly and shun me from society. Well, Kate does have an idea, but she’s still my friend, so there’s still hope…
What’s the best award you’ve ever gotten? Sharezies!